I have a relationship with Craftsy, which includes a small compensation for anyone who joins and/or takes a class. This post contains paid affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have a relationship with Craftsy, which includes a small compensation for anyone who joins and/or takes a class. This post contains paid affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.Become faster and more accurate with your knife work, and create dishes that cook evenly and look truly professional. Guided by chef Brendan McDermott, you’ll explore proper hand placement and the four fundamental cuts. Learn to dice, mince and julienne a range of produce. Find out how to chop herbs without bruising them or losing flavor, and never again cry when cutting an onion. Uncover Brendan’s favorite shortcuts for working with butternut squash, pineapple, chiles, citrus and more. Discover the four knives every chef needs in their kitchen, and finish the course with a lesson on honing and sharpening your knives at home!
This sounds like a great class! It gets even betters….it’s FREE!
Here’s what all you get for Free:
- 4 HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access. Stop and come back anytime.
- Downloadable class materials, including 4 recipes
- Nearly 2 hours of close-up instruction
- Answers from your fellow students in our virtual classroom
- Master the paring knife as you learn to easily core a jalapeño, tomato or cauliflower and zest an orange then learn how to cut down butternut squash and pineapple as you tackle a variety of fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- Brendan shows you the best way to hold your knife to maximize safety and efficiency while minimizing body fatigue as he demonstrates the four main cutting techniques: low, high, horizontal and pull.
- A sharp blade is paramount to safe and easy slicing. Learn the science behind honing and the proper technique for using a honing rod or a sharpening stone.
All this for FREE at Craftsy and it’s FREE to join! I never knew there was so much to learn about using a knife, now I can slice and dice like the pro’s!
This post contains affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy.