Strawberry Cake Batter Cheesecake Cookies
Melt in your mouth strawberry cake batter cookies filled with cream cheese. This is an easy 3-ingredient cake batter cookie recipe that you can make with several variations of cake batter. You can get creative and use different cake batter flavors.
When I need an easy go-to cookie recipe this is what I use. These cake batter cookies are made with only 3-ingredients and don’t require a lot of mixing and measuring.
Also, they are made with cake batter, cream cheese, and oil, rather then following the instructions on the box.
The cream cheese has to freeze for 3 hours so you will need to allow yourself a little extra time for that. You can prepare the cream cheese the night before or omit it altogether.
What I love about this recipe is you can get creative and create different flavors of cookies, by making them using different flavors of cake batter.
How To Make Strawberry Cake Batter Cookies
Cake Mix: Strawberry Cake Mix.
Eggs: 2 large egg.
Oil: 1/2 cup vegetable oil. You can also use Canola Oil or Corn Oil.
You can keep it simple or add-in:
- chocolate chips
- cinnamon chips
- white chocolate chips
When you’re making cookies from cake batter there are so many variations you can make. You can get creative and make many different combo’s:
Vanilla cake mix + sprinkles
Spice cake mix + cinnamon chips
Yellow cake mix + chocolate chips
Red velvet cake mix + white chocolate chips
German chocolate cake mix + pecans
- 1 (18.25 oz.) Box Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry Cake Mix
- (Don’t prepare the cake mix as directed-follow these instructions instead)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil. (not butter)
- 1 3.4-oz. box Strawberry instant pudding
- 1/2 of one 8oz. package of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened or melted slightly
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix, instant pudding mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix well, then knead with your hands. It will form into a dough. Put back into bowl and cover with saran wrap, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- Spoon out 1 teaspoon at a time and roll into balls, place balls on a lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 2 hours.
Prepare the cookies
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, place cookie dough on a lined cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to form a circle.(I used the back of a spoon) Place a frozen cream cheese ball in each cookie. Roll the cookie dough around the cream cheese ball making sure the cream cheese ball is not showing.
- Place prepared cookies on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 8-12 minutes. Depending on the size of your balls. The top of the cookies won't brown, you will need to check the bottom of the cookie. If it's brown it is down. Don't over cook them. They only need to cook about 8 minutes.
- When you remove them from the oven gently flatten them to form a ball, if needed, and immediately remove them from the hot pan.
- Add 1 cup to prepared cookie dough. If you're using sprinkles use 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 cookies Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g