Start off your morning with a plate full of these warm Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes. These pancakes have been a family favorite for years.
Are you like me? You sorta have a love hate relationship with pancakes? I love buttermilk pancakes but hate what they do. I feel like every time I eat them I need to immediately run to the gym.
But I don’t let that stop me from whipping up a batch. These have been in the family for years, so they have become a favorite family tradition recipe.
The best part about these Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes is they are easy to make and taste like you spent all day making them. The trick is to make the batter with the buttermilk the day before. You want to let the batter sit in the buttermilk overnight to absorb the buttermilk flavor. This gives it a homemade flavor that really sets the pancakes apart from regular pancake mix.
Make your family happy and try a batch! You will love it!
Be sure to add butter on top of each pancake when it comes off the skillet. The butter will melt down into the pancakes giving them extra flavor. Keep them warm in the oven until they are ready to serve.
Top with warm maple syrup.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In medium bowl stir all ingredients together until blended.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to make them the next day, heat your griddle to 375 or skillet over medium heat.
- Grease with butter. Surface is ready when a few drops of butter sprinkled on it sizzle.
- Place two heaping tablespoons of batter on skillet.
- Cook until small bubbles start to form on top. Turn; cook until golden.
- Note: If you prefer thinner pancakes, add a little extra buttermilk.