HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Homemade strawberry shortcake topped with homemade strawberry sauce and cool whip. A perfect Summertime dessert!
I have been using this glorious recipe for 30 years. These homemade shortcakes are delicious, light, and fluffy, so light that the juice from the strawberries soak right in to them.
I don’t think there’s anything better at Summertime then fresh strawberry’s smothered on top of homemade shortcakes, topped with cool whip.
This is a perfect Summertime dessert to serve, well, anytime really. When strawberries aren’t in season you can use frozen strawberries.
The shortcakes couldn’t be any easier to make. This is a perfectly quick go-to dessert for friends or just for yourself!
For the strawberries you just dice up fresh or frozen strawberries and add some sugar. Mixing it well to release the juices from the strawberries.
I have been loving all the strawberry desserts out there. Be sure to check out these other amazing strawberry recipes!
- 2-1/3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dice strawberries and add 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Split warm cupcakes in half and top with strawberry mixture and cool whip.
- Makes 6 shortcakes.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2007Total Fat: 73gSaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 3381mgCarbohydrates: 342gSugar: 144gProtein: 30g