Apple Pie Shortcake Dessert
Two scrumptious Cinnamon Shortcakes enclosing delicious slices of Apple Filling and Cool Whip. Apple Pie is a North America favorite, and I hope these Apple Pie Shortcakes become your favorite, too! They are sure to please any crowd!
What better way to share memories then with shortcakes and apple pie!
In my family making memories always seem to begin with good food.
Nothing makes me more happy then serving my family delicious new recipes.
Today I decided to do something different.
You already know my Strawberry Shortcakes are out of this world, right?
I’m going to share with you my new take on shortcakes with this new recipe for apple pie shortcake.
What I like about this recipe is apples are easy to come by all year long.
Which means you can make this recipe all year round and not have to go picking for your fruit.
I’ve never actually gone picking for fruit. I guess I do the easy version and by frozen fruit when it’s out of season.
This may be a new kind of shortcake for you. It’s not a store bought shortcake and it’s not a cake.
It like a biscuit, but not a biscuit.
It’s a shortcake biscuit and has a different flavor then a biscuit.
To give it even more of an apple pie flavor I roll the shortcake dough in cinnamon and sugar before baking.
You will roll out the dough into balls dipped in cinnamon and sugar then place them on a baking sheet. You don’t want them to stick to the pan so be sure to spray the pan or line it with foil.
To make the shortcakes you will cut them in half and fill them with delicious homemade apple pie filling.
If you don’t have time to make your own apple filling no worries, you can buy apple pie filling and it will be just as good.
Top your shortcakes with ice cream or cool whip and cinnamon.
This is really such a great dessert to enjoy after dinner or around the table with friends and family.
For my apple recipes try my
Apple Pie Filling Recipe by InsideBruCrewLife
- 1 Box Super Moist yellow cake mix
- (don't make cake as directed on the box, follow these instructions instead)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Apple Pie filling
- 1 Container (8 ounces) Cool Whip
- 1 small pinch Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Apple Pie filling
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor chop up 3/4 cups apple pie filling so your apples are in small chunks.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, eggs, and apple pie filling. Mix and stir then knead with your hands to combine and form a dough.
- Roll dough into balls and place a ball in a lined muffin pan. The ball should be large enough to fill the muffin pan 3/4 full. Press down on ball to form a small indention in the middle. Add about a teaspoon of apple pie filling.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Chop 1/2 cup apple pie filling in a food processor. In a small bowl, combine apple pie filling, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Fold into Cool Whip.
- When cookie cups have cooled, top with Mousse.
Serve with a side of ice cream for an ultra sweet dessert.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 340mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g