This delicious Homebaked Apple Pie Filling will make the best filling for your apple pie’s. Apple Pies are a Thanksgiving tradition and perfect for bringing families together around the table. Add this delicious Apple Pie Filling to your Thanksgiving desserts!
When you’re ready to make one of the best apple pies in the world peel four large apples.
Challenge yourself…..see if you can peel one in one long spiral!
If it doesn’t break you’ll be voted Food Networks best cook!
This has always been one of my grandma’s favorites. Once you make it, I’m sure it will become yours, too!
- 3 cups peeled and sliced apples-about 3-4
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon slat
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine apples, ¼ cup sugar and water in saucepan. Cook until apples are soft. Pour apples and ¾ cup liquid into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla in saucepan. Add in ¾ cup liquid from apples. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Add in butter and apples. Stir thoroughly making sure apples get good and coated.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.