These apple cider sugar cookies are sure to be a hit at your holiday dinner party. They are especially good served with a cup of warm apple cider! Not only are they delicious, the snowflakes make them very decorative for any table setting.
Wrap then individually in clear bags to give away.
- 1 Roll Pillsbury Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Decorative toppings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, kneed flour into Pillsbury cookie dough. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to ⅓-inch thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place onto lined baking sheet.
- Roll out remaining scraps of dough and cut out with cookie cutters until you have used all the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned around edges, approx. 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider and meringue powder until foamy. Add confectioners' sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Spread glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with course sugar , if desired.
This recipe is inspired by Taste of South Magazine