A combination of delicious Pumpkin cake and ice cream makes this Pumpkin Ice Cream the perfect Fall dessert!
There’s no need to run out and buy an ice cream maker for this easy recipe! This recipe is so easy you can even make it with your kids.
All you need is this delicious Pumpkin cake recipe and a gallon of your favorite ice cream.
But if you’re feeling ambitions, by all means feel free to make up a batch of homemade ice cream!
Once you bake the Pumpkin Cake, place small pieces in a loaf pan. Melt your favorite ice cream in a saucepan. Pour the melted ice cream over the cake. Place it in the freezer until frozen and you have Pumpkin Ice Cream!
You can also cut the cake into squares and make ice cream sandwiches!
- 3 C. Flour
- 1-1/2 Cup Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Pumpkin
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. nuts (optional)
- 1 Gallon ice cream
- Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into a greased and floured cake pan.
- Turn oven down to 350 and bake until done.
- Cut cake into smaller pieces. Place small pieces in the bottom of a loaf pan. Melt ice cream on low in a saucepan.
- Once the ice cream is melted, pour it into the loaf pan filling it to the top. Place in freezer until frozen. Service with Cool Whip.