Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes
A super moist cupcake perfect for Halloween! It’s layered in 3 colors to resemble the traditional candy corn. They are perfect for the kids or serving at Halloween parties. These Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes will impress your guest at any event!
I love being creative in the home and in the kitchen. These colors are so festive and fun and make my home feel like Fall.
Not only are they gorgeous they are super moist and delicious. Worth every minute of your time to make!
If you’ve never made two toned cupcakes, it’s easy and I challenge you to make these your first!
Simply divide your cake batter into two bowls. Add yellow food coloring gel to the first bowl to reach your desired color, then add orange food coloring gel to the other bowl.
You can use regular food coloring if you would like. I like the gel because it gives my food a more rich and vibrant color.
Other options: put icing in a bowl and dip the tops of the cupcakes into the icing.
Items used to make this:
- 1 White Duncan Hines cake mix
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla-your icing will not be white if you use colored vanilla
- 1 lb. powdered sugar (about 4 cups), sifted
- 1/2 cup Sweetened, Flaked Coconut, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- BLEND cake mix, water, half and half, oil, almond extract and egg whites in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter in half. Place in bowls.
- Add in food coloring to each bowl of batter to reach your desired color.
- Fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Add one tablespoon of orange batter to muffin liner, then top with one tablespoon of yellow batter.
- BAKE for 20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Whip together cream cheese, butter and clear vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- ADD powdered sugar one cup at a time. Beat on high after each cup.
- Mix until totally combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of coconut, optional.
- If you don't have clear vanilla, you can just omit it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cupcakes Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 2g