BANANA PUDDING POKE CAKE
Crowd pleasing creamy poke cake southern style. Topped with banana pudding, bananas, and cool whip. All the flavors you love in banana pudding made into a cake.
I love eating poke cakes as much as I love making them. I’ve made a
There’s still so many more on my bucket list. I think this one is my new favorite one.
Are you having a good Summer so far? Well, I know it’s not officially Summer yet, but here in Texas our heat wave starts early and I’m already ready for Winter. I don’t like anything about the heat and here in Texas is gets really, really hot and early! Ugh.
So when it’s too hot to go out what else is there to do? Make poke cakes, duh. If you’ve never made a poke cake it’s time you give it a try. You will be glad you did.
What makes it a poke cake? Once your cake is baked, using the end of a wooden spoon you will poke holes in the cake. Poke the spoon right to the very bottom of the cake. The more pudding you can get in the cake the better!
Then you’re going to make the banana pudding.
After you’ve prepared the pudding you will pour it on top of the cake. Using the back of a spoon press the pudding down into the holes. Really making sure you get the pudding down in the holes good!
Next you will top the pudding with sliced bananas. Use as many as you want. You can smother it with bananas if that’s the way you like it or skip this step and serve bananas on the side.
I could not refrain myself. Every time I walked by this cake I had to steal a bite. (or two)
Next, you will top the cake with Cool Whip.
It’s almost too gorgeous to eat. It would be perfect for potlucks…..it’s such a pretty dessert your friends would be impressed.
This cake has been a hit with my family for years. Everyone is sure to get a piece….or two.
See how the pudding gets down into those holes? Each bite is full of all the flavors you love about banana pudding poke cake southern style.
Everyone loved it.
- 1 Boxed yellow cake mix
- Ingredients for cake mix on back of box (eggs, oil, water)
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 4 cups milk
- 2 (4-serving size) boxes instant banana pudding mix
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 Box vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake pan.
- In a large bowl prepare cake mix as directed on back of box. Bake at 350 for time indicated on box.
- While cake is baking prepare banana pudding.
- In large bowl, combine instant pudding and milk. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer. Let set 10 minutes. It will thicken while it sets.
- Pour pudding over cooled cake after you have poked holes in the cake.
- Add sliced bananas on top of pudding.
- Top with Cool Whip.
- Garnish with vanilla wafers and sliced bananas.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1157Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 737mgCarbohydrates: 185gSugar: 120gProtein: 37g