Peppermint Poke Cake Quick and Easy Recipe
If you love poke cake and peppermint, you will LOVE this cake! The combination of cake, pudding, and peppermint all in one is scrumptious! It’s a beautiful dessert to serve for the holidays and your guest will love it!
It’s very quick and easy to make so you won’t spend hours in the kitchen, but it will look like you did!
You use a simple white cake mix, instant pudding and cool whip. Very easy!
If this isn’t enough sugar for you, serve it with peppermint ice cream and hot chocolate.
You can see my Strawberry Milkshake Poke Cake on how to make a poke cake.
- 1 Box Duncan Hines white cake mix
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 Box White chocolate or vanilla Jello Instant pudding mix (or Candy Cane flavor but I couldn't find any that flavor)
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Container of Cool Whip
- Crushed peppermint
- Preheat oven at 350. Grease cake pan with oil.
- In a mixing bowl combine cake mix, egg whites, water, peppermint extract, and vegetable oil. Mix well with a mixer for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour into cake pan. Bake about 25 minutes until golden brown and when you insert a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.
- Set cake aside when done so it can cool.
- Prepare pudding by pouring pudding mix and 2 cups of milk in a blender. Blend for 5 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes to thicken. Add food coloring to desired color.
- Poke holes in top of cake with a wooden spoon. Pour pudding over cake making sure pudding goes into the holes. Top with Cool Whip and add crushed peppermints.
- Set in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Serve with Peppermint Ice Cream and Hot Chocolate
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g