Best Homemade Apple Cobbler with Buttered Pecan Ice Cream
This comfort food is a family favorite! Fresh home baked cinnamon apple cobbler topped with delicious buttered pecan ice cream.
This will be hands down the best cobbler you have ever had. Well, unless you try my Homemade Peach Cobbler. It’s made with the same delicious topping.
The secret ingredient is brown sugar.
And buttered pecan ice cream.
Ok….all of it!
It’s a family favorite and I know it will be yours too.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cubed butter (one stick)
- 1/2 cup oats
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 inch square baking dish, set aside.
- Pour the apple pie filling in the bottom of the baking dish; sprinkle with almond extract and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles crumbs. If you don’t have a pastry cutter you can use your hands.
- Sprinkle the butter mixture in an even layer over the top of the peaches, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the topping begins to brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2824Total Fat: 96gCarbohydrates: 469gProtein: 19g