If you love chocolate and caramel you will LOVE these Salted Caramel and Chocolate Fudge bars!
They are layered on top of a delicious shortbread crust.
Topped off with salted caramel and chocolate.
- For the Caramel Fudge:
- 1/2 Pkg. (4.5 oz.) Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped*
- 2 Cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
- For the Shortbread Crust:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner's powdered sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- (If your butter is salted, don't add 1/8 teaspoon salt)
- For The Chocolate Topping:
- 1 Cup Nestle chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just starts to come together. Press onto the bottom of your prepared pan and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes, or just until lightly brown around the edges. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- In sauce pan combine unwrapped caramels, white chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook until caramels and chips have melted, add salt. Stir well. Remove from heat. Pour over shortbread crust. Put in refrigerator until cool and hardened.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave. Spread over caramel topping.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Drizzle top with caramel sauce and mini-chocolate tips if desired.
Unwrap caramels. Drizzle topping with caramel sauce and top with mini chocolate chips, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 5752Total Fat: 281gSaturated Fat: 204gCholesterol: 312mgSodium: 5262mgCarbohydrates: 703gSugar: 579gProtein: 76g