Spiced Apple Cider Sugar Cookies
These apple cider sugar cookies are sure to be a hit at your holiday dinner party. They are especially good served with a cup of warm apple cider! Not only are they delicious, the snowflakes make them very decorative for any table setting.
Wrap them individually in clear bags for holiday gifts.
- 1 Roll Pillsbury Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Decorative toppings (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, kneed flour into Pillsbury cookie dough. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Place onto lined baking sheet.
- Roll out remaining scraps of dough and cut out with cookie cutters until you have used all the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned around edges, approx. 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely on pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together apple cider and meringue powder until foamy. Add confectioners’ sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Spread glaze over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with course sugar , if desired.
For best icing add meringue powder. You can find it at your local craft store like Michaels or Joanns. This recipe is inspired by Taste of South Magazine.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1367Total Fat: 7gCarbohydrates: 363gProtein: 9g