Lemon Curd Butter Cake
This is a classic, all-American butter cake. A butter cake is a cake where butter is the main ingredient, add a little bit of lemon zest and lemon curd and it becomes a delicious Lemon Curd Butter Cake. Guaranteed to please a crowd.
Which do you prefer? Lemon or Chocolate? I love a good lemon cake and sometimes, it’s just better than chocolate!
Like this butter cake. It’s full of creamy and delicious lemon flavor with Lemon Curd in the middle and topped with a lemon glaze.
This is the perfect cake to serve to your friends with coffee or tea. Your friends will feel special and they will think you went all out….but really, it’s super easy and super quick to make!
Here’s the recipe for the Lemon Curd or you can use store bought if you prefer.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1-3/4 Cup flour
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1-1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- Make your Lemon Curd in advance so it has time to cool.
- Beat butter and 1 Cup sugar for 1 minute until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat 2 minutes.
- On low add flour, lemon zest, baking powder and vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Pour 1/2 of cake batter in the bottom of pan.
- Spoon Lemon Curd evenly over batter. Pour remaining cake batter over Lemon Curd. Spread batter evenly over curd and to edges of pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Let cool, then glaze.
- 2 Teaspoons butter
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1-2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- Melt butter-Stir in sugar, vanilla and water one teaspoon at a time.
Serve with whipped cream and Lemon Curd on the side. You can use store bought Lemon Curd if you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 servings Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 113gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 16g