This Lemon Blueberry French Toast is bursting with flavors! It’s loaded with fresh blueberries and added lemon zest. It gives you a very sweet and rich flavor because it’s made using a Lemon Curd Butter Cake.
Once I baked the cake, I cut it up in squares and placed in a pan.
I poured heavy cream over the cake pieces and let it set for about 4 hours.
Once the caked soaked up all the heavy cream, I added the eggs and spread lemon flavored cream cheese over the top. Topped it with blueberries and mixed it all up. Stirring it all together, but not too much so the cake pieces would not crumble.
Here’s the lineup of how to prepare your cake.
-Lay the pieces in a baking dish. I used a small 8×8 pan.
-Pour heavy cream over the cake.
-Add eggs and spread lemon cream cheese over the top.
-Add blueberries then stir it all up.
If it’s easier for you, you can mix the lemon cream cheese in with the eggs. It’s totally up to you.
While it’s baking, mix up some fresh blueberry syrup.
- Lemon Curd Butter Cake
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 4 Eggs
- 6 Ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup heavy cream for cream cheese
- 1 Cup blueberries
Lemon Blueberry Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon juice or zest from one lemon
- Cut up Lemon Curd Butter Cake and place in a baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup heavy cream over cake pieces. Let set for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup heavy cream. Blend well.
- Pour eggs over cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over top of cake pieces. Top with blueberries and stir up to mix it all together.
- Bake covered, at 350 for 40 minutes.
Lemon Blueberry Syrup
- In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Bring to boil then simmer 3 minutes. Add in blueberries and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over french toast.
I used a small 8x8 pan. You will need to double the recipe if you are using a large baking dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g