Homebaked Apple Pie Filling
This delicious Homebaked Apple Pie Filling will make the best filling for your apple pie’s. It’s warm baked with cinnamon and is a traditional comfort food.
When you’re ready to make one of the best apple pies in the world peel four large apples.
Challenge yourself…..see if you can peel one in one long spiral!
If it doesn’t break you’ll be voted Food Networks best cook!
This has always been one of my grandma’s favorites. Once you make it, I’m sure it will become yours, too!
- 3 cups peeled and sliced apples-about 3-4
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar and water in saucepan. Cook until apples are soft. Pour apples and 3/4 cup liquid into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla in saucepan. Add in 3/4 cup liquid from apples. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Add in butter and apples. Stir thoroughly making sure apples get good and coated.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
Serve pie with ice cream or Cool Whip.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 792Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 123gSugar: 88gProtein: 5g