Apple Pie Cups with Ice Cream
These apple pie cups with ice cream are made with a delicious pie crust filled with sweet apple pie filling. Top with ice cream for the ultimate dessert.
These apple pie bowls were so fun to make and they are so elegant for dinner parties. They will even make your kitchen smell heavenly.
You can fill these bowls with all sorts of variations. I’m already thinking of other variations such as blueberries, pumpkin pie, and cheesecake. I used my homemade Apple Pie Filling for these. Canned pie filling will work, too.
To make the bowls you find a can the size of the bowl you want. Spray the inside of the can with non-stick cooking spray, then line it with pie crust. Press the pie crust to the edges of the can to form a bowl shape.
Place in the oven and bake. You will want to keep an eye on your cans, since they are smaller then a regular pie they require less baking time. Turn your oven light on and when you see them start to brown they are done.
Fill then with warm apple pie filling topped with ice cream.
** Very Important Note: Wash your cans thoroughly and remove all the paper and any glue residue before baking them.
- 1 can Pillsbury pie crust
- 3 cups peeled and sliced apples-about 3-4
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- PIE CRUST:
- Line the can with pie crust. Bake as directed. Fill with warm apple pie filling. Top with ice cream.
- APPLE FILLING: Combine apples, 1/4 cup sugar and water in saucepan. Cook until apples are soft. Pour apples and 3/4 cup liquid into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla in saucepan. Add in 3/4 cup liquid from apples. Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Add in butter and apples. Stir thoroughly making sure apples get good and coated.
- Pour into pie shell.
Top with ice cream or Cool Whip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g