Chocolate Ganache Pumpkin Patch Bundt Cakes
The combination of pumpkin and chocolate Ganache will make these moist and delicious Pumpkin Bundt Cakes a prize winner at your Thanksgiving dinner. I want to eat every one of them right off the screen!
I knooow you probably have had enough pumpkin recipes….but I couldn’t resist one more.
These yummy, moist, and flavorful pumpkin bundt cakes will keep your guests coming back for more.
This recipe is an old family favorite. It’s been a family tradition for years….because it’s one of the best cakes EVER!
It’s made with sour milk. At first, I thought sour milk?? Then I learned that sour milk is not the same as spoiled milk.
Sour milk is simply milk mixed with either lemon juice or vinegar to give it a tart flavor, aka buttermilk. I will refer to as buttermilk, it sounds better than saying sour milk.
It will curdle a tiny bit, and that’s what it’s suppose to do.
Here’s a tip, replace milk with buttermilk in most cake recipes for a wonderful, homemade flavor.
Topped with chocolate ganache is the icing on the cake. Literally!
My kitty always watches me bake. I love her brown colors, I always say she has her Fall colors on.
Here’s the quick and easy recipe printable. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sour milk = 1/3 cup milk + 3/4 tbsp. milk or vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini bundt cakes or pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar, add in egg and pumpkin. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder salt, and cinnamon. Mix together the milk with the dry ingredients alternately, then add in pumpkin mixture.
- Fill mini bundt cakes 3/4 full and bake until tested done with a toothpick.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cook the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the top of a double boiler or place in a bowl and put in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, smooth, and creamy.
- Pour over bundt cakes.
Chocolate Ganache makes 1/2 cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 cakes Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g