Start your morning with Stuffed Blackberry French Toast with Blackberry Topping. It will be the best day you’ve ever had! These are creamy and sweet with a delicious fruit filling sure to please any crowd.
These are part of the 2013 Lucky Leaf 13 Recipe Contest and you’re going to love them! They are stuffed with cream cheese and blackberry pie filling.
Top them with blackberry syrup or ice cream and lots of butter!
You can also try this recipe with apple pie filling, cherry, or blueberry pie filling.
Here’s the lineup how to make them.
For the cream cheese filling add cream cheese, water, and powdered sugar.
Add eggs in a separate bowl.
Spread the cream cheese on both slices of your bread and top with pie filling right out of the can.
Put the 2 pieces together and dip it in the egg bowl then place on the skillet and cook on both sides until the eggs are done.
- 1 (21-oz.) Can Lucky Leaf Blackberry Pie Filling
- 4 Slices of bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (8-oz.) Container Spreadable Cream Cheese (plain)
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon of water
- Dab of butter for skillet
- In small bowl combine 1 cup pie filling and ¼ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well. Put in saucepan on low heat. This will be for the topping.
- In bowl add two eggs and beat well. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine 1 cup cream cheese, ¼ cup of powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well. Spread this onto one slice of bread. It will be thick and spreadable.
- Next, add one to two tablespoons of blackberry pie filling on top of cream cheese. (you can add more filling if you want it extra thick)
- Place a slice of bread on top so that you have made a sandwich.
- (Repeat steps to make second serving)
- Dip sandwich into egg mixture so that it's coated on both sides.
- Place a dab of butter onto skillet. Cook on medium to medium low heat until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with warm topping mixture. Add cool whip if you prefer. Serve warm.
Featured at The Best Blog Recipes