I’ve made Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie Bars with Gingerbread Crust, Pumpkin Spice Fudge, and Pumpkin Cake, but this is the first time I have made Pumpkin Cake French Toast. I bet you’ve never heard of it! I made it up this morning when I was searching for breakfast. ha! I started out with a Pumpkin Cake using a cake mix and adding in pumpkin pie filling. Then I sliced the cake into smaller pieces the size of a piece of bread and dipped them into eggs. Cooked them on the skillet until they were done and golden brown. Then I topped them with some homemade eggnog syrup.
I have to say it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! You have to try it!
The eggnog syrup topped it off! It’ a great breakfast for Fall and for serving guest.
- Prepare a yellow cake mix according to box.
- Add in ½ cup Pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Ginger
- 2 Eggs
- Mix well and pour into a bundt pan or loaf pan.
- Eggnog Syrup
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Eggnog
- Prepare cake mix as directed adding cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix well and pour into a bundt pan or loaf pan. Bake as directed on box.
- Eggnog Syrup:
- Mix powdered sugar and eggnog together. If you want it thinner add another tablespoon of eggnog.
- For French Toast:
- Beat two eggs in a bowl with a fork. For extra eggnog flavor add 1 Tablespoon eggnog to eggs.
- When cake is done, slice into pieces the size of a piece of bread. Dip the pieces into the egg mixture and cook on skillet until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with eggnog syrup and serve warm.
More recipes you may like!