HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
Homemade strawberry shortcake topped with homemade strawberry sauce and cool whip. A perfect Summertime dessert.
It’s time for Summertime which means it’s time for strawberries. I have been loving all the strawberry desserts.
and I’m still craving more strawberries!
I don’t think there’s anything better then fresh strawberry’s smothered on shortcakes.
I make my shortcakes using Bisquick and it has been a family hit for years. In fact, it’s so good I’ve never even tried making it any other way.
I can’t get these shortcakes put together fast enough before my family is already grabbing for the plate.
Add a little cool whip and they’re done. It’s quick and easy which is also why I love them!
- 2-1/3 cups Original Bisquick mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 container Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dice strawberries and add ½ cup sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Split warm cupcakes in half and top with strawberry mixture and cool whip.
- Makes 6 shortcakes.