HOMEMADE PEACH COBBLER
A fresh peach cobbler made from homemade ingredients, no boxed cake mix. A perfect Summertime dessert for potlucks. Serve warm with ice cream.
I’ve been wanting to make this cobbler again, I used to make it all the time several years ago and for some reason with all the other delicious recipes I’ve been trying it got moved to the back of the list.
With Summer coming I thought this would be a great time to share it. It’s always been a family favorite.
The topping is made from homemade ingredients because it taste so much better than a boxed cake mix.
It’s a mixture of flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon with butter cut into it. I used my favorite tool for cutting butter, it makes it so much easier and butter doesn’t stick as much.
You can use fresh peaches or canned. I’ve made it both ways. If you use canned peaches drain them so you don’t have a lot of juice, a little juice is ok.
So pretty. It’s the perfect Summertime potluck dish.
Top with ice cream and everyone will be coming back for seconds.
Check this out!
- 6 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced OR
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches if you don't want to use fresh peaches you can use canned.
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cubed butter
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking dish, set aside. I used an 8x11 baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl add sliced peaches and almond extract. Mix well. Place the peaches in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles crumbs. If you don't have a pastry cutter you can use your hands.
- Sprinkle the butter mixture in an even layer over the top of the peaches, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the topping begins to brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Optional: Add ½ cup walnuts to crumb mixture.