FRESH HOMEMADE SUMMER PEACH POUND CAKE DESSERT
A fresh homemade buttermilk cake with added peaches and syrup. Perfect for Summertime potlucks.
This peach cake is so delicious. It’s refreshing and perfect for Summertime and potlucks. It’s my favorite buttermilk cake recipe that I tweaked by adding in peaches.
I added 1/4 cup of the syrup and 1 cup of diced peaches. After you line the pan with the remaining peaches you may have some peaches left over.
What makes this such a great recipe is you can use the buttermilk cake recipe and add any fruit combination you like, like blueberries or strawberries.
- 1-29 oz. sliced or diced peaches
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup juice from peaches
- 1 cups diced peaches
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk and beat well. Stir in peach juice and vanilla. Fold in diced peaches
- Align remaining peaches in bottom of bundt pan. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.