A super moist cupcake perfect for Halloween! It’s layered in 3 colors to resemble the traditional candy corn. They are perfect for the kids or serving at Halloween parties. These Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes will impress your guest at any event!
Have you ever made two toned cupcakes? This was my first attempt at it and I was surprised at how easy it was.
I was happy I didn’t even have to throw out the first batch!
And as a food blogger you know we all like to say these are so delicious, so let me get that out of the way.
These are so delicious.
Simply divide your cake batter into two bowls. Add yellow food coloring gel to the first bowl to reach your desired color, then color the other batch orange.
I prefer the gel food coloring the best, I think it’s more vibrant.
Fill the cupcake liners with 1 tablespoon of batter in each color and bake. Then top with your favorite dreamy white icing.
They are festive, easy, and they look so cute!
For the icing I used a Wilton 1M tip.
- 1 White Duncan Hines cake mix
- 3 large egg whites
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. clear vanilla-your icing will not be white if you use colored vanilla
- 1 lb. powdered sugar (about 4 cups), sifted
- ½ cup Sweetened, Flaked Coconut, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- BLEND cake mix, water, half and half, oil, almond extract and egg whites in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Divide batter in half. Place in bowls.
- Add in food coloring to each bowl of batter to reach your desired color.
- Fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Add one tablespoon of orange batter to muffin liner, then top with one tablespoon of yellow batter.
- BAKE for 20 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Whip together cream cheese, butter and clear vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- ADD powdered sugar one cup at a time. Beat on high after each cup.
- Mix until totally combined.
- Add ½ cup of coconut, optional.
- If you don't have clear vanilla, you can just omit it.