A fresh Blueberry Pie Cupcake filled with blueberry pie filling on a graham cracker crust, topped off with meringue. All the flavors of a blueberry pie in a cupcake make this a melt in your mouth combination!
When it comes to making cupcakes, I like to spice them up a bit and add other flavors to them. I love creating new recipes and this one is no different.
Did you know there are only two types of people in this world? Frosting addicts and meringue addicts.
I’m the second one….I could eat a whole bowl of meringue, lick the beaters and the spatula. Some people like to eat icing the same way.
So when I came up with this recipe, I had to use meringue. Besides, it goes with blueberry pie.
It’s an easy recipe. You just fill a cupcake liner with a graham cracker crust. Pour your cake batter over the crust and fill the cupcake with blueberry pie filling after it has cooked, using a pastry bag.
I suppose you could put the blueberry pie filling in with the batter and top it off with more batter if you don’t want to use a pastry bag to fill the cupcake after it has come out of the oven. Either way will work!
Then top if off with meringue for a mouthwatering dessert.
- I Yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 can blueberry pie filling or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 egg whites
- 1½ c sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil together. Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes to set it.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of graham cracker mix into the bottom of cupcake liners. Fill half way with cake batter. Add about 1 tablespoon of blueberry pie filling. Add more batter to cover up blueberries.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- Prepare meringue by mixing 3 egg whites then adding sugar until well blended and forms stiff peaks.
- Top cooled cupcakes with meringue. Set under broiler for a few seconds until browned.
Homemade Blueberry Muffin Mix with labels.