These Orange Creamsicle Cookie Cups are sugar cookies with an orange creamsicle flavor and a light and fluffy topping. Perfect for Summer or just an orange creamsicle craving!
Remember those yummy creamsicle pops you had as a kid?
These are just like creamsicle pops only in a sugar cookie with a very light and fluffy orange flavor topping.
Call it the best of both worlds!
You can use a boxed Orangesicle mix or make yours from scratch. I’ve provided the recipe for both ways.
These are perfect for Summer!
- 1 Box Pillsbury Orangesicle Cookie Mix
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven 375.
- Combine cookie mix, softened butter and egg in a medium bowl. Mix until soft dough if formed.
- Spray a muffin pan or a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray. Roll dough into a ball, about 1 tablespoon size for large muffin pan and 1 teaspoon size for mini-muffin pan. Spread ball of dough out in muffin pan onto the sides to form a cookie cup like shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press down the center to form a cup like shape. Let cool, then fill with the Orange topping.
- Store in airtight container.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange extract; mix well.
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until well blended after each addition and scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add milk, beating until light and fluffy.
Homemade Orange Creamsicle Cookie Recipes:
Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies – Cooking Classy
Homemade Creamsicle Cookies – The Girl Who Ate Everything