HOW TO DECORATE COOKIES WITH ROYAL ICING TUTORIAL
If you’re like me I’ve always wanted to learn how to decorate those cute cookies for the holidays.
(To Pin this post please use the photo above)
Well, look no further. I found some great tutorials that teach you everything you wanted to know about decorating cookies with royal icing.
Take your cookie decorating to another level with this tutorial on how to transfer royal icing decorations onto a cookie at The Bearfoot Baker
Everything you need to know about Cookie Decorating in this beginners guide by Lisa Snyder at The Bearfoot Baker.
- 3 tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 4 cups (about 1 lb.) confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- Mix all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
- *Keep all utensils completely grease-free for proper icing consistency.
- * For stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.
- **When using a large countertop mixer or for stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.
- Thinned Royal Icing: To thin for pouring, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of royal icing. Use grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly. Add ½ teaspoon water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.