This is the best chocolate fudge pudding cake I have ever had! It’s super rich with extra chocolate and pudding in the mix, moist and super delicious…..It is by far the BEST! Your guest will be coming back for seconds! Serve it warm with a big glass of cold milk or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
- Candy Corn or Candy Corn Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips for topping
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- Chop 2 oz. chocolate. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil and water in large bowl with mixer until blended. Stir in chopped chocolate. Pour into 2 (9-inch) round pans sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Loosen cakes from sides of pans. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and remaining chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 1 min. Let stand 15 min. to thicken.
- Stack cake layers on plate, for filling and frosting use the COOL WHIP mixture. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or candy corn.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2190Total Fat: 152gSaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1863mgCarbohydrates: 97gSugar: 86gProtein: 25g