Make up a batch of these delicious homemade Coffee Waffles topped with ice cream to go with your cup of java in the morning. They are a great way to start off your morning!
The combination of the ice cream and a dab of chocolate makes this a heavenly dessert, too!
It also goes well with caramel sauce drizzled on top!
For more pancakes try my Caramel Macchiato Pancakes.
- You can use your favorite waffle mix and add 1 Tablespoon instant coffee to it or use the recipe below.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- You can also add cinnamon if desired.
- In medium size bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another medium bowl mix milk, oil, vanilla, eggs, and instant coffee. Whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients whisking until well blended.
- Heat waffle iron and turn oven on to 200. Lightly spray waffle iron and pour batter onto waffle iron about 1/2 cup.
- When waffle is ready place directly onto oven rack to keep warm.
- Lightly spay waffle iron as needed for remainder of batter.
- Top with ice cream and chocolate or caramel sauce if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g