CHOCOLATE COBBLER PUDDING CAKE
A deliciously rich chocolate cobbler cake with chocolate pudding in the cake, serve warm with ice cream.
This cake is so fantastic I could eat it right off the screen. The rich chocolate gives it a hot fudg-y flavor, serve with a bowl of ice cream and it’s like eating a hot fudgy chocolate cobbler pudding sundae all-in-one.
Chocolate cake doesn’t get any better than that folks. Just look at that pudding in the cake and I didn’t even add pudding to the recipe!
The trick to the pudding is after you have prepared the batter, pour the batter into a 9″ baking dish and pour a cup of boiling water on top…….without stirring it!
When it’s done you get this. A chocolate-y rich cake with pudding. It is as good as it looks!
And best of all it’s super easy! So make it and indulge. You will be so glad you did!
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Hershey’s Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1¼ cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a pot of water on the stove to very hot (just under a simmer).
- In a medium bowl add 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan spreading it evenly to the corners.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over the cake batter.
- Pour the boiling water over the top of the sugar/cocoa mixture. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake 20-35 minutes depending on what size pan you are using. Test the cake part by inserting a toothpick into the cake and if it comes out mostly clean it’s done.
- Remove cake from oven and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with ice cream.
Top with walnuts if desired.