Best Homemade Carrot Cake Mix
A moist and rich Homemade Carrot Cake Mix in a jar is sure to please any crowd! This homemade recipe is full of rich, carrot cake flavor and perfect for cupcakes and cookies, too! Put the mix in a jar for a great gift idea. It comes with free printable labels.
I love this cake mix. Although, I’m not a big fan of carrots I do love this cake! Come to think of it, I can’t think of any cakes I don’t like. Can you?
I especially like this recipe because it’s healthy, right? It has carrots in it, so that makes it healthy!
Kinda sorta, I guess.
Ok, maybe not healthy, but I promise it is good!
This recipe is easy to put together and well worth it! You can turn it into cupcakes and I even gave you a recipe for carrot cake cookies. You can sandwich the cookies between cream cheese icing for yummy treats.
Now get in the kitchen and start baking!
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups finely grated carrots, (about 3 large carrots)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix together sugars and butter; beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; stir to combine. Gradually add flour to butter mixture; mix on a low speed until just blended. Mix in oats and carrots.
- Chill dough in refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 38 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g