Large or small, this recipe does it all. With this delicious Pumpkin Pound Cake recipe you can make 6 mini loaves or 3 mini loaves and 1 large loaf. Wrap them up in decorative paper and give them as gifts for the holidays.
You can find the tutorial on how to make the decorative paper here.
This recipe was highly inspired by Taste of South Magazine
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ Cups sugar
- 6 Large eggs
- 3 Cups sifted cake flour, such as Swans Down
- 1½ Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Cups canned Pumpkin puree
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Maple Glaze Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray desired loaf pans with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a electric mixer until fluffy, approx. 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. In another medium bowl, stir together pumpkin and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternating with pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center come out clean., 30 to 40 minutes for mini loaves, and about 1 hour for large loaves.
- Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Drizzle with Maple Glaze over warm loaves.