The combination of pumpkin and chocolate Ganache will make these moist and delicious Pumpkin Bundt Cakes a prize winner at your Thanksgiving dinner. I want to eat every one of them right off the screen!
I knoooooooow you probably have enough already! pumpkin recipes….but it’s the little things in life, I tell ya!
These yummy, moist, and flavorful pumpkin bundt cakes have been very naughty.
I mean, how can you have yummy, moist, and flavorful pumpkin bundt cakes with chocolate ganache, and not be naughty?!
Ok, lets blame it on the chocolate ganache.
So, that means I’m not naughty for eating these……..like, all of these? Good. Settled!
This recipe is an old family favorite. It’s been a family tradition for years….because it’s one of the best cakes EVER!
It’s made with sour milk. At first, I thought Ick! sour milk?? Then I learned that sour milk is not the same as spoiled milk.
Now it’s getting better.
Sour milk is simply milk mixed with either lemon juice or vinegar to give it a tart flavor. And it will curdle a tiny bit, and that’s what it’s suppose to do. But still….it’s not spoiled milk. Just deliciously tart.
Add that in any cake mix recipe….and you have a to die for! cake.
And then there’s the naughty chocolate ganache…..enough said!
More delicious Pumpkin recipe!
Here’s the quick and easy recipe printable. Enjoy!
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sour milk = ⅓ cup milk + ¾ tbsp. milk or vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini bundt cakes or pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar, add in egg and pumpkin. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder salt, and cinnamon. Mix together the milk with the dry ingredients alternately, then add in pumpkin mixture.
- Fill mini bundt cakes ¾ full and bake until tested done with a toothpick.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Cook the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the top of a double boiler or place in a bowl and put in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted, smooth, and creamy.
- Pour over bundt cakes.
Follow SewLicious Home Decor’s board Pumpkin Recipes on Pinterest.
Follow SewLicious Home Decor’s board Halloween Decor and Craft Ideas on Pinterest.