These Funfetti Oreo Filled Sandwiches are a delicious dessert for any meal. They are Nabisco’s copycat Oreo cream filling and the cookies are made from a moist white cake mix. They are bright and colorful and make perfect treats for parties!
These cookies are way too easy…all you need is a moisted boxed cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
I like easy. I hope you do too.
We all love Oreo’s….it’s just wrong not too.
Stuff these full of Oreo cream….you’ll be glad you did. 😉
To color the icing I used AmeriColor Gel Paste – Electric Pink.
- 1 Box Pillsbury Moist Supreme White cake mix
- (Do NOT mix the cake mix as directed on the box)
- Instead add:
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup color sprinkles
- This will form a dough.
- Preheat over to 350. Prepare pan: line with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Once it's mixed together you will need to knead it a few times with your hands to make sure it's all mixed well.
- Set if refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out dough. Depending on how thick you want your cookies will determine how thick your roll your dough. For kinda thin cookies roll out dough 1/4 inch, for thicker cookies roll out between 1/4 and 1/2 inch.
- Cut with cookie cutters. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Watch the time! 12 minutes will make them soft, cook a couple of more minutes if you want them crisp and crunchy.
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (not butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp hot water
- Beat together the vegetable shortening, vanilla, powdered sugar, sugar, and hot water until smooth.
- Apply to one cookie and top with another cookie. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Oreo Cream Filling recipe courtesy of Something Swanky
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2862Total Fat: 96gSaturated Fat: 24gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 522gSugar: 480g
More recipes to try!
For snacks on the go see my Lined Re-usable Snack Baggie tutorial.