This Red Velvet Cheesecake Poke Cake with an Oreo Crust is a delicious treat for Valentine’s Day. It’s rich in color and rich in flavor. The Red Velvet is combined with a cream cheese filling and layered on an Oreo crust for more rich flavors, then topped with Cool Whip. Everything you love in a dessert combined all in to one!
Red Velvet is one of my favorite cakes, so much that I look forward to making it so I can lick the bowl and the batter right off the beaters! I’m not sure which I like the most, the batter or the cake!
Now, I know what you are probably thinking….I have never had a cake with a crust on the bottom. I have to tell you, you are in for a real treat!
This recipe is definitely over the top.
Along with an Oreo crust, there is a rich and creamy cream cheese filling in the middle. And if that’s not enough, it’s topped off with Cool Whip.
To make a Poke Cake, simply poke holes in the top of the cake using the end of a wooden spoon, then fill the holes with the cream cheese filling.
Now, get in the kitchen and try it!
- One Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups crushed up Oreo's (place cookies in a large plastic baggie, roll over with a rolling pin)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- Crush cookies in a plastic baggie using a rolling pin until you measure 2 cups of crumbs.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to crushed crumbs. Mix together well. Press into bottom of cake pan using the bottom of a cup, and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and milk. Beat with mixer until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour over Oreo crust and bake as directed on box.
- When cake is done, let cool and use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the top of cake.
- Pour cream cheese into the holes and top with Cool Whip. Chill for about 2 hours.
To make a Poke Cake, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the top of the cake. Then fill with cream cheese filling.