These fun Peppermint Cheesecake Bites will be a star at any holiday dinner. They are easy to make and easy to eat….one, two, or three! They were fun to make in these cute little buckets and it’s a fun way to serve them, too!
I found the buckets at Goodwill for .50 cents and spray painted them. To serve them just put some tissue paper in the bucket first so they don’t make contact with the paint.
One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is to watch all the holiday movies like Frosty The Snowman, Rudolph, the Grinch, and I even love the Griswold movies. I remember watching them as a kid and my daughter grew up watching them and I still love watching them.
So in a time that we all never let all our electronic devices leave our site it’s fun to sit down and carry on a old tradition. Popcorn and Peppermint cheesecake Bites included!
- box (1 lb 2.25 oz) Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® White Cake Mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 box Jell-O Instant Cheesecake Pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 Pkg. Pink Wilton Melting Chips
- Crushed peppermints to decorate with.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cake as directed on box.
- Add 1 box of jello-o instant pudding and 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract to cake batter. Mix well.
- Divide batter in half. Add a small dab of food coloring with a toothpick until you get the desired amount to half of the cake batter. Stir well.
- Pour white cake batter into pan. Pour pink batter on top and swirl into cake batter. Bake as directed until done. Let cool.
- Melt candy melts, I use a small fondue set, it works great! Scoop out cake and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for about 15 minutes. They coat easier when they are cold. Dip balls into melted candy and place back onto the cookie sheet, sprinkle quickly with crushed peppermint. The candy dries fast!