Here’s an easy and quick recipe to serve for a last minute Halloween dessert. These eggnog sugar cookies are festive and delicious for any Halloween and no one will ever know you made them at the last minute!
Use the matching gift tags to add a gift.
Just add Eggnog instead of water in the cookie mix for a delicious Eggnog flavor.
Color your batter with food color to get all the festive colors.
For the orange batter use red and yellow. Add more yellow to lighten and more red to darken.
- 2 Pkgs. of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- Butter cream Icing
- 2 Tablespoons of Eggnog
- Red and Yellow gel food coloring
- ICING-This makes 4 Cups so reduce quantities for a lesser amount.
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons Eggnog
- Prepare Betty Crocker cookie mix by adding ¼ cup butter and 2 Tablespoons of Eggnog.
- Make two packages, keeping them in separate bowls.
- Color one batch using Yellow food coloring. Color the other batch using Orange food coloring. Add enough until it's at the tint you want.
- Line a loaf pan with foil or parchment paper. Layer bottom of pan with yellow cookie mix. Next, layer orange layer of cookie mix. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes until brown.
- When done, cool in refrigerator for 4 hours. After cooled off ice with white icing then slice to your preference.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add eggnog and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.
- For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.
- For Pure White Icing (stiff consistency), omit butter; substitute an additional ½ cup shortening for butter and add ½ teaspoon No-Color Butter Flavor. Add up to 4 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk to thin for icing cakes.
Printout your FREE matching Halloween Gift Tags HERE.
Please ‘like’ my Facebook page before downloading printables. 🙂