A decorative Cookie Cutter Cake made using a themed cookie cutter. Simply select a cookie cutter and pick your cake colors according to your theme. You can make this kind of cake using any themed cookie cutter.
It’s so fun seeing friends reactions when they cut the cake. It’s become one of favorite cakes to serve and it’s so festive.
Line up your cakes in a loaf pan, making sure they are close together and snug.
- One yellow cake mix for the cake
- One cake mix of another color for the cookie cutter shape
- Add food coloring to the cake mix if necessary.
- One Cookie Cutter
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla,
- Replace vanilla with ¼ teaspoon almond extract if desired
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare loaf pan by spraying with non-stick spay and coasting with flour.
- Mix cake mix as directed for the cookie cutter cake. Bake in a loaf pan for indicated time. Cool, then slice into ¼" to ½" slices and cut out shapes using your cookie cutter.
- Line them up in loaf pan. Make sure they are snug so cake batter does not go in between them.
- Mix the second cake mix as directed. Pour over cookie cutter cakes. Use a measuring cup to pour in cake batter to prevent cakes from falling to one side.
- Bake cake as directed. Cool and top with icing. Cut and serve.
- Melt ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- Sift 2 cups of powdered sugar into a medium size bowl.
- Add the melted butter to the powdered sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Add in vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and creamy, adding a little more milk if necessary.
- Drizzle over a cooled cake.
I linked up here.