Red Velvet Mug Cake with Betty Crocker Cake Mix
A moist Red Velvet Mug Cake with Betty Crocker Cake Mix dessert. This red velvet mug cake recipe is made using a Betty Crocker cake mix, any brand will do! No baking required! It’s the perfect size for a single serving cake in a mug. Just add water and add-ins such as chocolate chips to complete your favorite red velvet mug cake easy recipe.
The chocolate chip add-ins in this recipe are the star of the show! Giving the red velvet flavor a pop of chocolate is simply saporous.
Let’s get to the recipe!
Guide to Mug Cakes
My complete guide to mug cakes gives you over 25 cake mix combinations, such as strawberry cake with chocolate chips or lemon cake mix with blueberries, and over 30 add-in recipe ideas, such as cookies, candy, sprinkles, pie filling, fruit and more! Plus, a measuring chart from 4oz. to 20oz. sized mugs!
How To Make A Red Velvet Mug Cake With Cake Mix Recipe
Using a Betty Crocker red velvet cake mix (or any other brand) and a 16oz. coffee mug:
Add 6 tablespoons of cake mix + 2-3 tablespoons of water. You want the cake batter to be the consistency of regular cake batter.
Stir the cake mix well, making sure to get out all the clumps.
Combine your add-ins. For this recipe I used 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips.
Microwave your mug cake for 1-2 minutes.
Top with cool whip, ice cream, or cream cheese frosting.
Pro Tip: If the top of your cake is spongy and springs back when you touch it, it’s done. If you still see uncooked cake batter on top, cook again in 30 second intervals until it turns spongy.
How To Make A Red Velvet Mug Cake For Two
Mug cakes can be made for a single serving or for two, or three, or four……you get the idea! Just repeat this recipe in another mug until you have made the desired number of servings (mugs). It’s a perfect way to serve cake to a group of people!
Can You Substitute Duncan Hines Red Velvet Mug Cake Mix with Apple Juice?
Yes! You can replace the water for apple juice in any mug cake recipe you make, or you can add one tablespoon of water and one tablespoon of apple juice or other flavored juice. The options are unlimited as to what kind of mug cakes you can make.
Are Mug Cakes Eggless?
If you’re using a boxed cake mix all you need to add is water. You only need to add an egg if you are making your mug cake from scratch.
Red Velvet Mug Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Top your mug cakes with a creamy frosting. This is a single serving recipe specifically for mug cakes.
- 1 Teaspoon milk or almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
More Mug Cake Recipes
- 6 tablespoons of Betty Crocker red velvet cake mix (or any brand)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- In a 16oz. mug, combine cake mix and water.
- Stir thoroughly making sure to get out all the lumps.
- Add in chocolate chips. Stir again.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm
In a small bowl combine cream cheese, milk, and confectioners sugar. Stir well and spoon on top of the mug cake.
- Microwaves vary so the cook time may vary also. If you have a high power microwave you may only need to cook it for one minute, then in 30 second intervals until it's done.
- Tip: If the top of your cake is spongy and springs back when you touch it, it’s done. If you still see uncooked cake batter on top, cook again in 30 second intervals until it turns spongy.
- My complete guide to mug cakes gives you over 25 cake mix combinations, such as strawberry cake with chocolate chips or lemon cake mix with blueberries, and over 30 add-in recipe ideas, such as cookies, candy, sprinkles, pie filling, fruit and more! Plus, a measuring chart from 4oz. to 20oz. sized mugs!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g