Chocolate Chip Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A delicious Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Chocolate Chips. The chocolate chips are caramelized in with the pineapples and brown sugar. This unique recipe is a family favorite!
I made this with a yellow cake mix and added a teaspoon of almond extract. That’s the secret to making boxed cakes taste homemade.
I layering the bottom of the pan with brown sugar and pineapples and the chocolate chips melted into the yummy gooey-ness!
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Can of Pineapples. Whole or crushed
- 1/2 to 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease cake pan.
- Prepare cake mix by adding in 3 eggs, vegetable oil and water. Mix on high speed for 3-5 minutes. Add in chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- Prepare bottom of pan by adding brown sugar then top with pineapples. Pour in batter. Bake according to time on box. Test if done by inserting a toothpick in center. If it comes out clean it is done. Don't over cook, it will be dry.
- Let cool then serve. Cool whip, optional.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g