LEMON GREEK YOGURT POPPY SEED BREAD
Moist and light Poppy Seed Bread made with better for you ingredients like Lemon Greek Yogurt that’s crazy delicious.
I love adding Greek yogurt to everything. It makes breads more light and fluffy, moist, and absolutely delicious!
If the weekend had an official cake, you’re looking at it.
Let’s take another look……..the moist cake…..the luscious lemon icing……..the poppy seeds…….
The secret ingredient to this bread is lemon Greek yogurt. It’s delicious and makes it light and fluffy.
Bake it up and it behold…
Then make the quick icing and behold again…
So go ahead…..indulge!
- 1 cup lemon Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice-Juice of two lemons
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla extract, poppy seeds, and 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Gently fold in the oil.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes until golden brown. Test by inserted a toothpick in the center, it it comes out clean it is done. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Brush mixture over entire warm cake so that it soaks into the cake.
- Stir together confectioners’ sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle over cooled cake.