Strawberry Crisp Made with Oats
Homemade Strawberry Crisp made with oats, brown sugar topping, and a homemade strawberry filling. Perfect for serving at pot lucks or any other occasion!
I recently just got back from another family reunion in Missouri. I love all the small towns there it’s so fun going to the old antique shops. You just never know what you will find. But one thing we all do well when we get together is eat!
This Strawberry Crisp is definitely a crowd pleasing dessert. It’s one of those desserts you crave all the time. Well, maybe not as much as chocolate cake, but I absolutely love strawberry anything….all year round. The crisp is a basic crisp recipe you can use for any fruit and the strawberry filling is an easy homemade filling made with fresh strawberries, you can also use frozen strawberries.
The crust is easy to put together with just a few ingredients. Flour, oats, brown sugar, and butter. The strawberries are boiled on the stove with sugar and a little flour for thickening. You just pour the strawberry filling over the layer of crust and top with more oatmeal crisp. It’s super easy and super quick for when you need a quick recipe or a forsure crowd pleaser!
Recipe Type: Strawberry Crisp Made With Oats
Homemade Strawberry Crisp made with an oats, brown sugar topping, and a homemade strawberry filling. Perfect for serving at pot lucks or any other occasion!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Strawberry Filling
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Pan used: 9×9 or 11×7
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix together well using a spoon. Cut in butter with a pastry tool, until the mixture turns crumbly. If you don’t have a pasty tool you can use a fork or your hands work well, too!
- Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping.
- Dice strawberries and put in a small saucepan, add water. Bring to boil then simmer 3-5 minutes. Mix together sugar and flour in a small bowl. Add to strawberries. Boil another minute until thick. Remove from heat.
- Press crisp mixture into lightly greased baking dish. Pour in strawberry filling and sprinkle on topping. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.