HEALTHY CHOCOLATE BANANA OAT CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER ICING
This sweet banana cake is made with old fashioned oats topped with a creamy peanut butter icing.
This cake is not only over the top mouthwatering it’s also healthy.
It’s made with old fashioned oats. Just grind them in a food processor and you have homemade oat flour.
It’s so much cheaper then buying it and it’s basically the exact same thing.
I added some mini-chocolate chips to make it double delicious and topped it with a sweet and creamy peanut butter icing.
Yep. Go ahead. Indulge.
- 2-1/4 Cups Old Fashioned Oats-Blended into a flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3-4 Mashed bananas
- ¾ Cup Buttermilk
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Mini-chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 5 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- ¾ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9x2 cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large sized bowl combine oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add bananas, buttermilk, shortening, and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low until well combined. Add in eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake at 350 in 13x9x2 inch pan for 30 minutes. Test cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean the cake is done. Let cool before icing.
- Prepare icing while cake is in the oven. In medium size bowl combine confectioners sugar, peanut butter, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix on medium low until well blended. Add in heavy cream. Mix on high until well blended and smooth.