An irresistible Peanut Butter Shortbread with mini chocolate chips. These bars will be a hit for any dessert. They are like a Reese’s, filled with peanut butter and chocolate!
This is one of my favorite’s! You’ve got to try it! This delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate in a shortbread is over the top!
The best part I love about this recipe is that it’s quick and simple. Sorta like how I do my shopping. Get it and go. That’s why I always make a list and take it with me.
Because, if I don’t have a list, I will end up going down every isle trying to remember what I need and picking up things I really don’t need.
That’s how I end up spending way more than I wanted to, and still didn’t get everything on my list! Sound familiar?
This recipe only requires a few ingredients to add to your list.
And you’ll have it made in no time!
Combine butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar.
A little trick I learned from TidyMom is to first cover your measuring cup with saran wrap before adding peanut butter. It’s makes it so much easier and less messy!
Blend well, then add in flour.
Blend until it forms a dough.
Press into a greased pan and bake. I used a 9×9 pan.
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups mini real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375. Combine butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat just until mixture forms a dough. Stir in ⅔ cups mini chocolate chips by hand. Pat dough evenly into lightly greased or lined 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cut immediately while still warm then let cool completely. Remove from pan.