Homemade Peppermint Hot Chocolate in a Jar makes a perfect gift for under $5.
You can easily make these for under $5 using decorative jars from the Dollar Store. You can even buy some of the mix at the Dollar Store.
All you need is hot cocoa, sugar, crushed candy canes and Peppermint marshmallows. They make great gifts for friends and family and chocolate lovers.
I found the Wilton Peppermint flavored spoons at Michael’s. *So cute!!* I used a 50% off coupon and got a package of six for $3. I love it when I get a good bargain, especially on Wilton products.
Check out my Oreo Cookie hot chocolate made with Oreo cookies and added right in to the cocoa mix. It’s double the chocolate and double delicious!!
- 1 24 oz. Jar
- 1 Cup Hershey's Cocoa Mix
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Chopped peppermints or candy canes
- ½ Cup Peppermint or white marshmallows
- Ribbon and gift tag
- Layer ingredients in this order. Hot cocoa, sugar, peppermint and top with marshmallows. Tie a ribbon and gift tag around lid.
- TO MAKE THE HOT CHOCOLATE
- Pour one cupfull of milk in a sauce pan. Add 2 tablespoons of hot cocoa and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Mix well until dissolved and warm. Do not boil. Pour back into cup and top with marshmallows and crushed peppermint.
I just have to share this photo with you for all you cat lovers.
I found this cat bed at a garage sale for $3, I love when my bargain finds are put to good use!