Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars Recipe
Ooey gooey lemon bars bursting with lemon flavor on top of a homemade shortbread.
I make these every year and never get tired of them. There is just something about the yummy flavors of buttery shortbread and tangy lemon filling that make them irresistible. You can always recognize lemon bars because of the pretty snow white confectioners sugar on top, which makes them a pretty dessert to set on your table, as well as an addictive one!
Try to make them the same day you plan to eat them while they are at their best of flavors!
- Shortbread Crust
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Filling
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add flour and salt and beat until the dough just starts to come together. Press onto the bottom of pan using the bottom of cup. Bake for about 18 - 20 minutes, or just until lightly brown around the edges. Place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- Beat sugar and eggs until smooth. Add the lemon juice and rind and stir to combine. Fold in the flour. Pour the filling over the shortbread crust and bake for about 17-20 minutes, or just until the filling has set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar. These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g