Lemon Oreo Stuffed Cookies
Homemade lemon cookie dough wrapped around lemon Oreo cookies. A zesty delicious cookie!
These cookies are everything you can imagine in a lemon cookie. They are made with a delicious homemade lemon cookie dough wrapped around a lemon Oreo cookie.
It’s the best lemon combination I’ve ever had!
See all that delicious lemon filling……these cookies will melt in your mouth.
If you love white chocolate, feel free to add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
These cookies are super easy to make! Just scoop about a 1-inch ball of cookie dough, approximately 2 tablespoons, and flatten out. Place an Oreo cookie in the center and wrap the cookie dough around the Oreo making sure the cookie is completely covered.
I found it easier to lightly grease my hands and press the cookie dough into the palm of my hand. It didn’t stick to my hand as it did when I used waxed paper or the counter.
Bake them for about 10 minutes. Just until they start to turn a light brown around the edges.
- 16-18 Lemon Oreo’s
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted (2 sticks)
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, optional.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix and aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in egg mixture and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed, mixing well.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough, flatten out and place one Oreo cookie in the center. Fold up edges of dough wrapping the cookie dough around the Oreo.Repeat for remainder of cookie dough. Placing each cooking on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges start to turn a light brown around the edges. Remove and let cool on cooling rack.
- Serve with milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4245Total Fat: 224gCarbohydrates: 519gProtein: 64g