A delicious and creamy Veggie Sweet Potato Pasta Sauce. This pasta sauce is made from sweet potato’s and veggies, add in some cream for a sweet and creamy flavor. It’s bursting with delicious-ness and perfect over any pasta.
My niece is leaving in a week to go back to college for another semester, so I got to have lunch with her today before she goes back. She loves to cook and has food allergies so basically, she has to eat everything healthy.
She has been making up a lot of recipes and experimenting with different foods. This is one of her classic pasta sauce’s, I got to try today for lunch, and it is super delish! If you like sweet potatoes, you will love this sweet sauce over pasta.
It’s super easy to make! All you need are some sweet potatoes, veggies and a few spices. Let it simmer and you’re all done!
All you do is saute the veggies in oil for about 10 minutes, then add in the sweet potatoes, tomato sauce, cream or coconut milk and spices. Let it simmer about 10 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
- 3 Sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1-1/2 Cup Bell peppers, broccoli, shredded carrots, onion. Dice together to equal a total of 1-1/2 cup of veggies.
- 1 Small can tomato sauce
- 5.43 Oz. Coconut milk (unsweetened) or use heavy cream
- ½ Cup Water or vegetable broth
- ¼ Teaspoon of: Sage, Sea salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cinnamon
- Wrap 3 sweet potatoes in foil and bake until done. Peel.
- Saute veggies in oil for 5 minutes. Add in cooked sweet potatoes. Stir well.
- Add in tomato sauce, coconut milk OR heavy cream, then water OR vegetable broth and spices.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add in more equal parts water and heavy cream or coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve over hot pasta or noodles.