Lemon Eggnog Pound Cake
Friends, you are in for a treat with this recipe! What’s not to love about lemon and eggnog?! Put them together and you have an ultimate Lemon Eggnog Pound Cake with an eggnog glazed topping that is deeeeelicious!
In case you are still trying to decide what to serve for dessert this holiday season…..you have just found it!
This cake is moist with a perfect eggnog flavor through and through with an added lemon zest. It’s the ultimate pound cake and will definitely make your Christmas complete!
Make one for your guest and an extra one for yourself!
Try this fun Christmas Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup thick eggnog
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon zest + 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- dash of nutmeg
- Combine first 4 ingredients; mix on low speed in mixer until moistened. Add eggs, nutmeg, rum extract and lemons. Beat for 4 minutes on high speed. Pour into a greased and floured or lined loaf pan. Bake at 350 F. for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- When done remove from oven and let cool before adding icing.
- In a bowl combine powdered sugar, eggnog, lemon juice and dash of nutmeg. Spread on cooled cake.
Follow SewLicious Home Decor’s board Christmas Foods on Pinterest.
Follow SewLicious Home Decor’s board Christmas Everything! Holiday Decorating on Pinterest.